Most Romantic Places to Visit in Thailand
With glorious tropical beaches, unique local experiences and excellent hospitality, Thailand is a picture-perfect romantic getaway for all lovebirds around the world. Whether you and your mate are looking for some adventures in the wilderness or immersion in cities full of culture, the Land of Smiles has got you covered.
Here are some of the best romantic places Thailand has to offer.
1. Koh Samui
Though recently the island is always busy with mass tourism, Koh Samui is still one of the most romantic spots in Thailand that attract couples from near and far coming for its tropical paradise and heart-thumping adventures. Situated in the heart of the Gulf of Siam, the island is part of the Ang Thong National Marine Park, blessed with a plethora of diverse attractions and a relaxed atmosphere for a magical getaway with your lover. You can choose to laze in gorgeous palm-backed white-sand beaches, indulge in turquoise waters with a colourful rich marine life, explore the island’s gushing waterfalls or just enjoy special treatment from one of many luxurious spas.
Best things to do in Koh Samui:
• Tour the famous Ang Thong National Marine Park on a traditional boat
• Snorkel in the crystal-clear waters of Koh Nangyuan and Koh Tao
• Discover the interesting rock formations of Hin Ta and Hin Yai
• Learn scuba diving in Koh Samui and explore abundant marine life
• Go on a 4WD Jungle Safari Tour
• Have fun with zipline and Sky Fox cable ride
• See the natural beauty of Namuang Waterfall
Named as one of the world’s top tourism destinations, the capital city Bangkok is a favourite place for couples who love the city buzz. There are plenty of prime spots where you and your better half can enjoy authentic and romantic experiences, from taking a private boat trip along the famous Khlong (canals) of Thonburi neighbourhood to visiting magnificent temples and grandiose royal palaces. Avid shoppers can find heaven in many superb shopping malls, while night owls can spend all night strolling through bustling markets or enjoy a colourful cocktail at mind-blowing rooftop bars as high as 83 storeys. Also don’t miss to dine in a romantic setting and enjoy perfect service in some of the country’s finest hotels.
Best things to do in Bangkok:
• Take a boat trip along the Chao Phraya River
• Marvel at the wonder of the Grand Palace
• Visit the famous temples like Wat Pho and Wat Arun
• Go on a romantic sunset dinner cruise
• Experience the famous floating markets of Bangkok
• Learn to cook authentic Thai cuisine in a cooking class
• Try mouth-watering street food at Chatuchak Market
• Go for a drink at a rooftop bar
3. Chiang Mai
For adventurous couples searching an off the beath path destination for their Thailand honeymoon tours, the “Northern Capital” of Chiang Mai is certainly a perfect option. With soaring mountains and lush green forests, the city boasts a multitude of outdoor activities like river rafting, ziplining, multi-day hiking, jungle trekking, and waterfall climbing. You can also enjoy peaceful serenity at many historic and cultural sites across Chiang Mai, which takes you away from the city bustles as well as gets close up to the traditional way of life of ethnic hill tribes. With the authentic and exotic experience of Thailand, Chiang Mai will give you a great romantic break for unforgettable memories.
Best things to do in Chiang Mai:
• Climb Doi Inthanon to marvel at the sweeping vistas from Thailand’s highest point
• Explore the city’s rich cultural heritage at Wat Chedi Luang, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Phan Tao
• Visit the Chiang Mai Night Safari Park
• Take a look at Wiang Kum Kam, the Underground Ancient City
• Visit the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary
• Discover Karen Long Neck Tribe and Chiang Dao Cave
• Watch a cultural performance and enjoy a Khantoke Dinner
4. Similan Islands
Floating in the Andaman Sea off the coast of Phang Nga Province, Similan Islands is an alluring archipelago for lovers of the deep blue ocean and those wanting the vitamin sea in the Land of Smiles. These islands are home to some of Thailand’s most beautiful beaches and also world-famous for their stunning coral reefs and diving spots. What’s better than leaving the masses behind and enjoying the world of two with crystal-blue waters and schools of tropical fish swimming through healthy coral beds or hiking hand in hand to spot an array of wildlife? Similan Islands is truly a great place for couples and escapes.
Best things to do in Similan Islands:
• Dive at the twin peaks of Ko Tachai
• Have an underwater adventure of snorkelling in clear blue waters
• Spend all day lazing in white-sand beaches
• Take a hiking tour to see local wildlife
• Stay in a remote bungalow and enjoy the ultimate peace and quiet
A fascinating place with important WWII history, Kanchanaburi is also a romantic destination to enjoy for lovebirds from all around the globe. You and your lover can enjoy sweet time together by rafting through a tranquil river, taking a slow train ride through lush greenery, dining in a riverside restaurant or learning the history in a fun way with a day tour to the historic landmarks (Death Railway, JEATH War Museum and Kanchanaburi war cemetery). If you’re after a more relaxing experience, spend days in a riverside resort where you can stay away from the crowd, feel the serene atmosphere while watching the flows of the river.
Best things to do in Kanchanaburi:
• Enjoy bamboo rafting at the tranquil river
• Take a train ride through the countryside’s landscapes
• Explore the history and features of the Death Railway Bridge
• Visit the Death Railway Museum, the JEATH War Museum, Kanchanaburi war cemetery
• Learn to cook authentic Thai food in a cooking class
• Explore the authenticity of local traditional market
• Learn to take care of the elephants at Elephant World
Looking for other destinations for some ideas? Heading over to our list of ready-made Thailand Honeymoon Tours or contact our Asia Private Tours expert team to start planning your custom-made tour in Thailand.