Perfect Tour Ideas for Your Short Trips in Thailand
An eight-day to two-week vacation is often a favourite choice for travellers to Thailand that would give you plenty of time to get a good feel for the country’s rich culture and unique landscapes in the north before having a break of relaxation down south. However, not every visitor has a long multi-day trip to enjoy. If you’re planning a short holiday to the Land of Smiles, let’s have a read through our excellent list of tour itineraries below for some inspiration.
# Itinerary 1: Explore the Authentic Life in Pai – Mae Hong Son
Pai is a small town set in a valley amid the endless mountains of northern Thailand’s Mae Hong Son Province that recently has appeared on the country’s tourist map due to its serene ambience and unspoiled natural environment. On this short package, you will have three days exploring the highlights of Pai – Mae Hong Son areas, from relaxing time in hot springs to thrilling outdoor activities like bamboo rafting and white-river rafting along the scenic Pai River or hiking through ethnic hill-tribe villages. It will be definitely a good time to chill out in nature and get away from the hustle and bustle of modern life.
• Enjoy relaxing time in Pai Canyon and Pong Dueat Hot Spring
• Visit other highlights in Pai such as Pai Historical Bridge and Chedi Phrathat Mae Yen
• Have a fun time with bamboo rafting into the splendid caves of Tham Lod
• Learn about the authentic lifestyle of locals in the Chinese Santichon Village
# Itinerary 2: Explore Kanchanaburi Nature & Ayutthaya Ancient Capital
This short break itinerary is perfect for those wanting an escape from the bustling capital Bangkok to the spectacular landscapes of Thailand’s countryside. Within three days, you will tour all the best highlights of Kanchanaburi that will give you a glimpse of significant WWII history, then head to the magnificent city ruins of Ayutthaya where you can see important historic sites and learn about the old kingdoms. From historical attractions and natural exploration to ancient city discovery, this trip plan is a great getaway in Thailand.
• Have a uniquely local experience at Damnoen Saduak floating market
• Travel back in time when visiting the Bridge over the River Kwai and War museum & War cemetery
• Take a train ride on the infamous Death Railway
• Dive into the fascinating tales of the Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum
• Soak in the fresh natural beauty of Erawan National Park
• Explore the famous temples of Ayutthaya - Wat Srisanpetch, Phra Mongkol Bophit, Wat Mahathat, and Wat Chai Wattanaram
# Itinerary 3: Krabi Beach Highlight Tour
Though less popular than Samui and Phuket, Krabi is equally alluring and secluded for an extremely relaxing holiday in Southern Thailand. It is also a great base if you want to explore the neighbouring regions. With this four-day tour itinerary, you will have plenty of time to take to crystal-blue waters and get to know the fish through a plethora of outdoor activities. Apart from Krabi beaches, you will also embark on an island-hopping tour to nearby spots like Phi Phi Islands, Tup Island or Poda Island.
• Take Krabi island-hopping tours by speedboat
• Laze around in white-sand beaches and bask in the sea vibes
• Enjoy turquoise waters and colourful marine life on Tup Island, Chicken Island, Poda Island & Phi Phi Islands
• Visit the ancient cave on Pranang Beach
• Have a look at the famous Viking Cave, Phi Phi Leh Lagoon and Maya Bay
# Itinerary 4: Relaxing Vacation Around Phang Nga Bay
A short escape to and around Phang Nga Bay, one of the most beautiful places in Thailand with exceptional natural treasures to enjoy. Within a four-day guided tour, you will have some of the best experiences in southern Thailand, from taking a fantastic photo at the famous James Bond Island to cruising through the turquoise waters of Chiew Lan Lake or indulging in the unique Emerald Pool in Krabi. Plus plenty of relaxing time to enjoy the outstanding natural beauty of Thailand, this trip plan is a perfect choice for nature lovers and holidaymakers.
• Visit the Tsunami Memorial and the old town of Takuapa
• Have a fun time with kayaking on the Sok River and trekking through Khao Sok National Park
• Immerse in the stunningly beautiful scenery of Chiew Lan Lake on a boat trip
• Explore the Pakarang Cave (coral cave) by bamboo rafting
• Take a dip in Krabi’s Emerald Pool, a unique crystal clear pool surrounded by tropical rain forest
• Enjoy breathtaking panoramic views from the Tiger Cave Temple
• Take a long tail boat to James Bond Island and Muslim village of Panyee
# Itinerary 5: Best of Northern Thailand
Mainly focusing on the two charming cities of the north, Chiang Rai & Chiang Mai, this five-day trip plan is perfect for cultural lovers and explorers that will take you close to the spectacular beauty of the Golden Triangle in northern Thailand. Visit iconic and exotic temples. Experience the authentic life of hill tribe villages. Take in the stunning scenery of the country border region. After all, you will feel a slice of the northern charm that is much different from the busy city life. Let’s come and experience other sides of Thailand.
• Join a trek through local hill tribes to Doi Chang Mub viewpoint at the border with Myanmar
• Enjoy relaxing tea time at Mae Fa Luang gardens and Chuifong tea farm
• See the mighty Mekong River views from Wat Phrathat Pha Ngao
• Explore the Black House (Baan Dam) and House of Opium Museum in Chiang Rai
• Enjoy a traditional Khantoke dinner with the dance performance
The above travel ideas are our best suggestion for exploring the highlights of Thailand in a short time. If you’re considering a more encompassing visit, then you could check out our Thailand Tailor-made Tours or feel free to send your inquiry to our Asia Private Tours Expert Team for great recommendations. We’re are more than happy to help you create your custom-made trip to Thailand!